How Can YOU Help A Debut Author?
- (The Obvious) BUY THEIR BOOK(S).
- Buy a second copy of their book(s) to gift to a friend.
- Buy a copy to donate to a school library.
- Review their book(s) on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, BookDepository – anywhere you can think of. Reviews get books seen. Books that are seen are books that are purchased. And you don’t even have to do more than give it a few stars and say “I liked this one.” (I mean, more is better, of course, but “I liked this one.” is 100% legitimate!)
- Ask your local indie bookstore to carry their book(s). Amazon sales are good, but indie bookstores need our support now more than ever!
- Request the book from your library. Libraries rely on their patrons to request books for purchase. Ask your local library if they’ll buy a copy of your favorite author’s book(s).
- Come to local signings or meet & greets.
- Share your excitement on social media. Does this mean you have to retweet or share every post by your author friends? No. But getting in on the excitement of a new book gets others excited, too!
- Add their book to your Goodreads list.
All credit to L Ryan Storms for the brilliant list.
Book Review Product Review Book marketing Debut author Helping an author Red Panda Reviews matter Westland Publications Why is my hair curly?
Laksh View All →
Hope you can suggest my Book on short stories : Journey from Guwahati to Machhiwara , in your local library . Book is in 20 countries , 518 libraries India , 16 in USA . I have suggested books of more than 10 Indie Authors via my library card to help them
Bought the book for dotter! I am excited to read it too! Congratulations again and good luck Laksh! Will definitely drop a review everywhere possible.
Thank you so much!